Monday, February 15, 2010

Black roses??

I left black roses out on purpose, but not for the reason many of you may think.




Black roses can have many different meanings, therefore, I didn't address them in my Valentine's post.  With so many people asking about them, I figured I should do a quick addendum.

Many people say that black represents death and can therefore be meant as vengeance towards a foe.  Others see the black roses as the death of old habits and signaling rebirth.  It can also be associated with mourning or sadness.  It can be given in love as a symbol of tragic love, dying love, or the end of a relationship.




Unless you are goth or trying to be funny, with so many meanings the black rose is not the ideal rose to send to anyone!

Yours truly,

Gomez (Big Daddy)

No comments: