Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We interrupt this blog with a Daddy obsession..




My love of entertainment, whether it be a good television show, book, or movie, keeps me sane and grounded.  Many people have different means of escape, these are mine.

In ten years, you will probably still remember that everything came to a halt when LOST was playing.  Ten years from now, people will still be studying LOST as one of the best (if not the BEST television show) ever.  What makes it so good?  Storytelling that leaves a little bit of mystery, little bit of intrigue, and a little bit of magic!  That is what LOST brings with each and every episode.  It begs its audience to be smart.  It challenges its audience to be on top of its game.  One of the few shows that gives its viewers the credit for having the intelligence to not only follow along, but strive to figure out what is around the next corner!!

Thanks to JJ Abrams, Damon Lindelof, and Carlton Cuse for taking me along on this Magical Mystery Tour!!


I leave you with one of my favorite scenes from the show.




John Locke in one of the most notable scenes of LOST.  A quote to live by spoken by him was, "Don't tell me what I can't do."  Tonight begins the end of the series and I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Until next time,

Big Daddy

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah LOST, Daddy's all time favorite show. I think his passion for this show tells a lot about his character. He's intelligent, entertainment loving and never wants to be spoon fed anything! Love you Daddy, boys, Emily Margaret & of course, LOST. :)

Rachel said...

John was saying last night that he was figuring out the show, when he was able to predict certain things. I informed him that Lost wants to be able to see some things coming so you feel smart but you'll never be able to put all the pieces together before the Island wants you to! :) Hope you enjoyed it last night... sad that we weren't able to join the festivities.